Monday, December 31, 2012

Anything-You-Love Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans

Until recently I didn't love blue cheese. But a good friend made me a salad with blue cheese crumbles, pecans, and this dressing and I fell in love.

Here's my today version salad with a flavorful shallot dressing.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

For the salad:

  • Arugula, Boston lettuce, or any green of your choice (I have also made it with pea shoots!)
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries
  • 2 slices of smoked turkey, shredded or sliced
  • A nice chunk of blue cheese, broken up (today I had Livradois Bleu D'Auvergne from Whole Foods - it was so yummy!)
  • 2 Tbs or more of chopped pecans
  • Slices of ripe pear (I didn't have any today, but usually I love to add it on top!)



Shallot Dressing
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (1 small)
  • 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • A few grinds of fresh black pepper
Whisk together oil, shallot, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a jar.
Toss with salad and fixings and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment