Monday, June 25, 2012

One fish, two fish, you fish....bluefish!


I finally got up the courage to try the Fish CSF (Community Supported Fishery) with Cape Ann Fresh Catch (CAFC) even though I am a real novice when it comes to cooking seafood! I signed up for the biweekly summer share, which is a fairly small commitment. After cooking the amazing striped bass filet that my father-in-law caught a few weeks ago, I decided I was ready to take whatever comes in on the boat (literally!). Despite the fact that I almost missed the pickup today, I did manage to bring home my 2lb filet of today's catch: bluefish! A quick search and this is what I found to make (based on what I had on hand!) (CAFC does provide recipe suggestions each week along with the name of the boat that caught your fish!)


I followed the recipe more or less directly (I used parchment paper instead of cooking spray and made 2 lb filet instead of just 1). I ate this with the quinoa from this recipe
 and hakurei turnips from this recipe.


Baked Bluefish Fillets

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb bluefish fillet
  • 1 red onion
  • 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 medium garlic cloves
  • 3 tbsp chopped parsley
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 fresh lemons
  • 1 cooking spray

Directions:

1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray.
2 Set the onions on the bottom of the pan and place the fillets on top with the skin side down.
3 Combine the olive oil, garlic, and parsley. Smear the mixture on top of the fish. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4 Bake for 18 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges on the side.

Source: http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Baked-Bluefish-Fillets/r9727.html




No comments:

Post a Comment