Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 3


What is in our share this week:

Napa Cabbage
Arrowhead Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Kohlrabi (purple!)
Lettuce
Beets
Radishes
Spinach
Strawberries!






What I'm making:

Asian Cabbage Salad (I'll make this when I do the sesame chicken/ peanut noodles again - requested by my family to repeat again this week!)

Dressing:
1/4 c. sugar (or less)
8-10 drops of Tabasco or 1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sesame oil
1/3 c. oil
6 tbs. plain rice vinegar ( or a little more)

Other ingredients:
2 tbs. sesame oil (for frying seeds and almonds)
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1 small head
cabbage (any kind you prefer)

Combine dressing ingredients; set aside. Finely chop
cabbage using a
food processor or by hand.

Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in skillet and toss in almonds and
sesame seeds; cook until just lightly brown. Combine all together,
and chill - let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Roasted Beets - to eat up plain, in a salad with goat cheese, or whenever!

Minestrone Soup (didn't make it last week - made the veggie broth for it!)
I made up my own recipe. I'll try to post soon.

Kohlrabi and Squash Empanadas (didn't make it last week either!)
Beef empanadas

I had extra filling - maybe I will make more empanadas, or maybe put the filling into quiche (for the kohlrabi/zucchini one) and pie (aka meat pie).

Pickled cauliflower (will post recipe) - made this last fall and it was awesome (I finally got around to eating it this winter and my pregnant sister loved it! - I'll give her her own jar this time!)

Maybe....


Thinking about trying this next time we get Kale...



No comments:

Post a Comment