Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 4


In my share this week (last week, technically - I picked up on Thursday)

Lettuce
Garlic scapes
Spinch
Kohlrabi (two huge green ones!)
Beets
Radishes
Kale
Cabbage (Napa)
Chard
Mixed Greens






and PYO (Pick Yer Own)
Strawberries!
Snap peas
Shell peas
Snow peas
Cilantro (YUMMY!)
Dill

What I'm making:
Ramen soup (noodles, spinach, pork, soft eggs)
Fried rice (with bacon and pork)
Wontons 2 ways (pork and tofu)
Asian Cabbage Salad
Caesar Salad
Pizza (see Pizza sauce recipe)
Kale and Tofu (sauteed with garlic scapes and olive oil, add tofu, some chinese bbq sauce from ribs the other day, eat with ramen noodles!)

Since this week and last week sort of blended together and I'm not picking up my share until Thursday again, here's what I'm making this week

Buttermilk chicken (coated with crushed corn flakes)
Spinach salad
Vegetable stock (using beet greens, kale and kale stems, onions, carrot, celery, peppercorns, bay leaves)
Minestrone soup (soaking my beans today, cooking them tomorrow)
Pesto
Humus
Cooking my beets - not sure how I'm eating them yet! I'm tempted to pickle them, but I don't know if I have time this week!
Cole slaw with Arrowhead cabbage from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment